(Fire-and-Forget Multi-Purpose Combat System)
The world’s premier shoulder-fired multi-purpose combat system, Javelin takes the fight to the enemy. Javelin automatically guides itself to the target after launch, allowing the gunner to take cover and avoid counterfire. Soldiers or Marines can reposition immediately after firing, or reload to engage another threat.
Using an arched top-attack profile, Javelin climbs above its target for improved visibility and then strikes where the armor is weakest. To fire, the gunner places a cursor over the selected target. The Javelin command launch unit then sends a lock-on-before-launch signal to the missile. With its soft-launch design, Javelin can be safely fired from inside buildings or bunkers.
Javelin’s long-wave IR seeker enables it to engage in obscurants and reduced visibility and resists countermeasures. Its versatility makes it effective against tanks, bunkers, buildings, small boats, and slow-moving helicopters. It is adaptable to many platforms, including tripods, trucks, light armored vehicles, and remotely piloted vehicles.
Javelin was developed and produced for the U.S. Army by Raytheon/Lockheed Martin JAVELIN Joint Venture.
- Shoulder-fired, lightweight, one-manportable and employable.
- Lock-on-before-launch fire-and-forget, combined with soft-launch, increases gunner survivability and probability of hit.
- Unmatched lethality: >93% missile reliability: >94% probability of first time gunner hit.
- Long-wave IR seeker enables engagement in obscurants and reduced visibility, minimizes effects of countermeasures.
- Versatile, effective against tanks, bunkers, buildings, small boats, slow-moving helicopters.
- Adaptable to many platforms: tripods, LAVs (Light Armored Vehicles), trucks, and RPVs (Remotely Piloted Vehicles).
- Wide range of effectiveness (<75m to >2,500 m/1.55 miles) increases employment options.
- Sold in Europe, Pacific, and Middle East.
|Range||<75m to >2,500 m/1.55 miles|
|Guidance||Passive target acquisition/fire control with integrated day/thermal sight|
|Magnification||4× day and 4× or 9× thermal|
|Warhead||Tandem shaped charge|
|Weight Missile||26 lbs/11.8 kg|
|Weight CLU (Command Launch Unit)||14.1 lbs/6.4 kg|
|Weight Round: Missile in LTA (Launch Tube Assembly)||35 lbs/15.9 kg|
|Length Missile||42.6 inches/108.1 cm|
|Length LTA||47.2 inches/119.8 cm|
|Diameter Missile||5.0 inches/12.7 cm|
|Diameter LTA||5.6 inches/14.2 cm|