Oshkosh Defense, LLC, an Oshkosh Corporation company, announced today that the U.S. Army has placed another order for the Joint Light Tactical Vehicle (JLTV) program including 409 vehicles, 1,984 installed kits, 82 packaged kits and related services and support. The order valued at more than $176 million, is the fourth order for JLTVs since the contract was awarded in August 2015.
«The JLTV program is providing our Soldiers and Marines with the world’s most capable light tactical vehicle», said Dave Diersen, Oshkosh Defense vice president and general manager of Joint Programs. «We have begun delivering low rate production vehicles to the Army and Marine Corps for government testing in environments around the country and we have been pleased with its performance thus far». The vehicles and kits for this order will begin delivery in late 2017.
U.S. Soldiers and Marines can expect:
- A vehicle 1/3 smaller and 1/3 lighter than the Oshkosh Mine-Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) All-Terrain Vehicle, or M-ATV
- Off-road speeds 70 percent faster than today’s gold standard, the Oshkosh M-ATV
- A modular design that can be quickly and efficiently outfitted for a full range of missions
- Banks 866T, 6.6 Liter Turbo Diesel Engine, based on GM Duramax architecture
- Fully transportable by air or sea, such as Lockheed C-130 Hercules, Sikorsky CH-53 Stallion and Boeing CH-47 Chinook
- Network ready and VICTORY compliant – Vehicular Integration for Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR)/Electronic Warfare (EW) Interoperability
- Superior ride quality